Visitors & Volunteers
We welcome visitors and volunteers, but ask that you follow these regulations:
- Your visit must be pre-arranged
- Present your government issued ID (US driver's license or consular card) at the front desk
- Scan your ID and have your picture taken
- Wear the issued picture ID at all times (valid for one day)
- Regular volunteers (20+ hours per school year) must complete a Volunteer Packet, available at the front desk, and receive clearance
Our Districtwide emphasis on school safety includes the following:
- Before and after school, only students and staff will be allowed inside the campus perimeter. Roosevelt Middle School will not unlock the exterior gates to campus until 8:05, so we have appropriate supervision on campus.
- Parents can access staff, as they normally would, via the sign in/sign out procedure in the office for meetings and other routine needs.
- While in session, school perimeters will be secure and locked.
- During arrival and dismissal, open gate areas will be supervised.
- Employees will wear their employee badges.
- Student release during the school day will be standardized and is as follows:
- Students shall be released during the school day only to the custody of an adult in possession of a valid, government issued photo identification card and if:
- The adult is the student's custodial parent/guardian
- The adult has been authorized on the student's emergency card as someone to whom the student may be released with authorization from the custodial parent/guardian or when the custodial parent/guardian cannot be reached, and the principal or designee verifies the adult's identity
- The adult is an authorized law enforcement officer acting in accordance with law
- The adult is taking the student to emergency medical care at the request of the principal or designee
We want to thank our community for sharing this value of safety.